The dog physiotherapy service* provides bespoke assessments and treatments by an ACPAT physiotherapist in and around Southampton. The service involves assessing the behaviour and movement of your dog in their own environment. Movement patterns are assessed alongside a full physical assessment looking at muscle tone, muscle imbalances, joint range of movement and neurological reactions. All dog physiotherapy assessments and treatments are adapted depending on the type of injury and most importantly the comfort of your dog.
Treatments might include:
- Tailored exercise programmes for your dog
- Acute physiotherapy management after surgery as directed by your veterinarian
- Joint mobilisation of the spine and limbs
- Balance and proprioceptive rehabilitation
- Advice on braces and strapping for your dog
- Therapy wrapping
- Myofascial release including kinetic chains
- Advice and education to support you and your dog
- Electrotherapy and TENs for muscle strengthening, muscle recovery and pain
- Written instructions and reports to you and your Vet
- Multi-disciplinary communication
*By law under the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 all dogs must have veterinary consent prior to physiotherapy assessment and treatment
If you would like more information on how Vault Physiotherapy can support your dog or advice on a specific injury and what to do next, you can contact Rochelle free of charge.