The horse physiotherapy service* provides bespoke assessments and treatments by an ACPAT equine physiotherapist across Hampshire. The service involves a highly trained physiotherapist analysing the movement of your horse either in hand or ridden, alongside a thorough physical assessment looking at muscle tone, muscle imbalances, joint range of movement and neurological reactions.
All horse physiotherapy appointments are conducted at your base with evening appointments to fit your schedule. Every appointment including the initial assessment, involves tailored specialist treatment and a management plan to get your horse on the road to recovery.
If you would like a routine horse physiotherapy check for reasons such as increased workload, muscle recovery or maintenance of a chronic injury, specific appointments are available across Hampshire.
Treatments might include:
- Tailored exercise programmes for your horse
- Acute physiotherapy management after surgery as directed by your veterinarian
- Joint mobilisation of the spine and limbs
- Myofascial release
- Reflex Inhibition
- Advice and education to support you and your horse
- Electrotherapy and TENs for muscle strengthening, muscle recovery and pain
- Written instructions and reports to you and your Vet
- Multi-disciplinary communication
*By law under the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 all horses must have veterinary consent prior to equine physiotherapy assessment and treatment.
If you would like more information on how Vault Physiotherapy can support your horse or advice on a specific injury and what to do next, you can contact Rochelle free of charge.